A lot of people worry about their hair, really. And there’s no denying that the hair contributes greatly to physical appearance. Very many people want to have longer, healthier and thicker hair but do not know exactly what way to go. Essential oils for hair growth are, however, one great and easy way to achieve the healthier hair you want.
Essential oils typically have chemical properties in them that make them very beneficial to the overall health. These oils are usually gotten from plants through the process of evaporation or distillation. They are also really famous for the benefits they can offer the skin and hair including helping your hair to grow healthier and longer.
This article will share the different types of essential oils for hair growth that are good for you and just how they can help your hair to grow better, just as you want.
Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
Your hair will thank you for coconut oil which is one of the best things you can apply for hair growth. Coconut oil can help you get way longer and thicker hair in only a shirt space of time. Apart from engendering faster growth, coconut oil comes with added advantages such as moisturizing and conditioning your hair, getting rid of dandruff and even detangling the hair. If you want to use coconut oil to achieve faster hair growth, here are a few simple steps to follow:
- Use your regular all natural shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair just before you’re ready to go to bed.
- Get your organic coconut oil alongside a comb, a shower cap and a towel with which to wrap your hair in.
- Put some coconut oil in a small bowl and put it in a bigger bowl.
- Pour some hot water in the larger bowl while the smaller bowl of coconut oil is in it. Ensure that the smaller bowl is not totally submerged or taking on the water.
- Detangle your hair with a comb while you wait for your coconut oil to get warm.
- When the oil is warm and totally melted, just use your fingers to massage it into your hair and particularly your scalp.
- After you have messaged the oil into your scalp, wrap your hair in the towel and leave it overnight.
Lavender Oil for Hair Growth
Apparently, lavender oil has a lot more to offer than just its pleasant fragrance. Lavender oil contains a good amount of the nutrients and vitamins that your hair follicles needs and so using it on your hair can greatly stimulate the growth of thicker, healthier hair. Let’s take a look at the simple steps you need to follow in using lavender oil for hair growth. First of all, you need 4 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of thyme oil and 4 teaspoons of jojoba oil. Mix these together thoroughly in a bowl, with a spoon. After you have thoroughly mixed, do the following:
- Take the lavender oil with your fingertips and and apply it to your scalp. Focus just on skin application and try to avoid your hair and your ends.
- After you have evenly distributed the oil through your scalp, place a towel on your head.
- With the towel on your head, let your hair be for about twenty minutes so the essential oils can penetrate to all the follicles of your hair.
- Take out the towel after these twenty minutes and rinse your hair. Air dry it afterwards and let it be.
You should note that your hair and scalp may feel somewhat greasy after this but just let the oils work through the night. You can also wash your hair in the morning with a mild shampoo but avoid using a conditioner.
Repeating this process once everyday is advisable and you can go on with it for many weeks. When you notice an improvement in your hair, you can reduce the frequency of treatments to about once in 2 weeks.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Jamaican Black Castor Oil will work to thicken, moisturize, strengthen and grow your hair very rapidly. This oil will increase the flow of blood to your scalp thereby making essential nutrients available to your hair follicles and hence, stimulating growth. In addition to enabling growth for your hair, this oil has other benefits such as helping to prevent dandruff, hair breakage, itchy scalp and even eczema. What’s more interesting is that it is a great essential oil for all hair types. This oil is sulfate free and organic and contains nothing that can cause harm to your hair or scalp.
In using the oil, you should remember that the Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a thick, sticky oil and so it may not be best to use the oil on your hair everyday.
All you basically need to do is apply a little amount of the oil to your scalp as well as the roots of your hair before going to bed. Three times a week should do for this treatment but you can choose to increase depending on your personal needs.
If you want to use the Jamaican Black Castor Oil as a hot oil treatment, you can simply apply generous amounts to your hair from your roots to your tips and massage it into the scalp. After that, you can sit under the dryer for 15 to 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
Jojoba Oil for Hair Growth
Jojoba oil is another wonder thing when it comes to hair. This oil contains a lot of vitamins and nutrients which can support your hair to be a lot healthier and longer. Apart from hair, it’s also a really great addition to your skin care regimen and can help you achieve really healthy skin. However, since we are talking about hair, we’ll just focus on that. This oil can greatly help to fix damaged hair and provide sufficient moisture. Now let’s get to how you can use jojoba oil to achieve stronger, healthier hair:
· Put a few drops of jojoba oil in a bowl. You can increase the quantity of the oil depending on the length of your hair so it corresponds. This means that if your hair is longer, it might be better to use more of the oil.
· Heat the oil by placing the bowl in a microwave for a short time.
· Scoop up some of the oil with your fingers and apply it to your hair. It is best to not apply this oil directly to the scalp in order to prevent your pores from clogging.
· After you have applied the oil to you hair, cover it with a plastic cap to prevent the oil from oozing out.
· After about ten to fifteen minutes, wash your hair with6a shampoo and you can use conditioner too. Allow the hair to air dry.
Argan Oil for Hair Growth
Gotten from the kernels of the Moroccan argan tree, argan oil can serve as an excellent moisturizer for skin and hair. It contains large amounts of nutrients and vitmans that can do wonders for your hair. Often used as a conditioner, this oil can make your hair shiny and keep it soft and well moisturized. It also contains antioxidants which can boost cells that encourage the growth of healthy hair.
Additionally, argan oil can also help to keep away or get rid of dandruff and dry scalp. It also helps to treat issues of thin and brittle hair as well as fix split ends.
Here are the different ways you can use argan oil to benefit your hair:
· As a shampoo: This simply requires you to buy a shampoo that contains argan oil. All you need to do is use small quantities of of it, like you would with any other shampoo, on your hair every other day. You can also choose to add the oil itself to you shampoo and use it that way.
· As a leave-in conditioner: Just rub a few drops of argan oil between your palms. Apply this your hair which should have been previously washed and that’s it.
· As a hair mask: You can apply argan oil to your hair and leave it overnight if you want to increase the benefits you can expect. To do this, just warm a generous amount of the oil. Massage the warmed oil into your hair, the tips and of course, your scalp making sure to cover everywhere. Work your way backward starting from the hairline and do not leave out the sides. Do this massage for up to 15 minutes. After you have done these, wrap your hair in a towel and leave it overnight so that the oil can soak through the hair and the hair can absorb all the nutrients. By morning, you can wash with a regular shampoo.
You can also use argan oil with either of coconut or castor oil as a hair mask. Here’s how:
· With coconut oil: Here, you need about 10 drops of argan oil, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, a hair band and a plastic comb. Mix the coconut and argan oils together then comb your hair and apply the mixture of oil to your hair. Pay more attention to the lower half of the hair. Comb your hair after you have applied the oil mixture to enable better distribution. Use the band to tie up your hair in a knot and then wear a cap. You can choose to leave it on overnight or wash it off after about 30 minutes.
· With castor oil: You would need a tablespoon of castor oil, two tablespoons of argan oil and fifty to hundred mls of coconut milk depending on how long your hair is. Mix all these ingredients together and thoroughly apply to your hair and scalp. Leave this on your hair overnight and then wash off with a shampoo. These two oils, when combined, will bring their benefits together and help you achieve longer, healthier hair.
Olive Oil for Hair Growth
Massaging with olive oil can improve the circulation of blood around your scalp. Olive oil comes with lots and lots of benefits for your hair. This oil can help to get rid of dandruff and flaky scalp and well as help make your hair look shinier and healthier. Used correctly, this oil can help you achieve that longer, finer hair you have been looking for. Let’s talk about how to apply olive oil to promote the growth of your hair.
How to Use Olive Oil to Achieve Hair Growth
You will need to put twenty to thirty mls of this oil in a bowl and add about 10 ml of coconut oil to it. Microwave this mixture to warm it up but make sure it does not overheat, just warm enough to comfortably touch. Divide your hair into sections, scoop the mixture with your fingertips; and then apply it to your scalp moving one section to another till you have covered the whole scalp.
After this, put some more of the oil in your palm and apply it to your hair section by section and from the root to the tips. This procedure will help to condition the hair and prevent split ends and breakage.
Next, soak a towel in hot water and squeeze. Be sure that the temperature on the towel is not too hot, just warm enough for comfort. Wrap the towel around your hair and carry it that way for about twenty minutes. This will help blood circulation as well as better absorption of oil by the scalp and hair.
During the summer when the weather is quite warm, you can simply wear a shower cap and leave it on for thirty minutes instead of using a warm towel. After this procedure, wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Doing this once or twice a week over a few months will help to achieve the best results.